When You Need A Little Push
I love CrossFit, but some days, I don’t have the motivation to get to the gym. Whether it’s gloomy outside, a late night, or a long day at work, sometimes I need a little extra push to get me going.
During those times, here are a few things I remind myself:
- I will feel better—more energized, leaner, etc.—after I get a workout in
- My body won’t sculpt itself if I don’t exert any energy into it
- I’ll be one more workout closer to my goals
- Getting a workout in (and beating my excuses) will add one more notch to my mental toughness belt
- Seriously, when was the last time I regretted going to the gym (spoiler alert: the answer is always never)
And, if my pep talks to myself don’t work, here are a few videos that always get me pumped:
I hope this helps give you the motivation you need to get going and earn yourself a little sweat equity!