One of the challenges that comes with changing your diet is feelings of hunger. When we don’t feel full and satisfied, we’ll search for it elsewhere — which often leads to unhealthy snacking and possibly overeating. If you need something that really hits the spot but don’t want to derail your nutrition efforts, these chocolate peanut butter protein balls from Activ-Ate Wellbeing are packed with flavor and nutrients and will satisfy your cravings. Make them for an easy, on-the-go breakfast or a snack in between meals.
This recipe makes approximately 23 and uses Origen chocolate protein. One key ingredient is medjool dates, which are packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are natural sweeteners, eliminating the need for added sugar. Dates offer a host of health benefits for the heart, your blood sugar and even your digestive system.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
Makes approx. 23 balls
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 150g almonds
- 100g Origen chocolate protein
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/4 c shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cacao
- 5 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 60ml coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- Soak dates in 1/2 cup hot water to soften.
- Add softened dates, water and all other ingredients into a food processor, then blitz to a coarse texture.
- Roll mixture into balls about the size of a large cherry. Store in fridge.